|City of Cornelia, Georgia Position Description
|Water Pollution Control Plant Operator
|DIVISION Wastewater Treatment Plant
|SUPERVISOR Utilities Plant Manager
|CLASSIFICATION Full-Time, Non-Union, Technical
- Attendance during regular scheduled work hours.
- Operate machinery in the plant such as dump trucks, tractors, backhoe, lift jacks, forklifts, chain saws, weed eaters, mowers, power driven equipment and etc.
- Practice general “house cleaning” duties such as sweep, mop, dust, take out trash, keep bathrooms clean and etc.
- Practice general upkeep of the grounds such as mowing, weed eating, bushhogging, trimming trees and bushes, pressure washing, painting, wash down areas of need and etc.
- Organize and keep work areas and buildings neat and clean.
- Scrub Clarifiers, disk filters, chlorine contact chamber and clean grit chamber.
- Ability to perform manual labor and lifting of up to 75lbs.
- Basic mechanical aptitude.
- Knowledge of basic first aid.
- Ability to use a personal computer.
- Perform and complete daily plant check sheets.
- Collect samples and perform basic laboratory tests in the field and lab such as: PH, DO, OUR, TSS, TRC, Alkalinity and read back BOD test results.
- Operate belt press, collect solids % cake sample and analyze. Keep Belt press area clean.
- Adjust plant operations as needed such as: RAS rates, WAS rates, chemical feed rates, flow rates, waste primary and secondary sludge.
- Record accurately and timely on bench sheets, logbooks and plant process control sheets
- Communicate effectively, respectfully and interact with the public, interdepartmental agencies, Plant Manager, other wastewater plant employees and all agencies regarding the plant and the City of Cornelia.
- Perform all general duties as well.
- Ability to perform all wastewater laboratory tests required to perform process control and regulatory reporting such as: BOD, Ammonia, Phosphorous, Nitrate, Nitrite, Fecal Coliform and etc.
- Ability to enter data into spreadsheets, assess and determine RAS and WAS rates, chemical feed rates, flow rates.
- Plan and requisition of parts, chemicals and supplies needed for the plant operation.
- Become familiarized with the Plant Antero Maintenance program. Perform preventive, corrective and planned maintenance.
- Inspect and sample food establishments grease traps.
- Able to perform all general and class 3 operator duties.
- Responsible for performing DMR/QA compliance testing for state laboratory license.
- Ability to assist the Plant Manager in analyzing potential problems with plant process and equipment including performing complex laboratory tests and assimilating data results to resolve the issues.
- Create spreadsheets and enter data with the ability to create graphs and charts for plotting of plant process for quality control purposes.
- Stays in direct contact with the Plant Manager with regards to the daily operations of the plant.
- In charge of setting up, entering data and producing work orders from the Antero Maintenance program.
- Responsible for communicating with grease trap company to ensure grease traps are properly maintained. Responsible for receiving pictures and manifest each month and kept on file.
- Able to perform all general, class 3 and class 2 duties.
- In the absence of the Plant Manager can perform necessary duties to operate and maintain the plant in compliance until his return.
- Perform all other tasks given that benefits both the wastewater plant and City of Cornelia as a whole.
- Knowledge of chemistry and biology as it applies to the treatment of wastewater, water and industrial waste.
- Standard knowledge of procedures and tests in sampling of wastewater, water and industrial waste.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships and a healthy work environment.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions necessary in the operation of the wastewater plant.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Must possess a valid Georgia driver’s license.
- Possession of a valid State of Georgia Class B Commercial driver’s license.
- College or technical college level courses in chemistry, biology or environmental science of at least 20 credit hours.
City of Cornelia, Georgia Position Description Water Pollution Control Plant Operator DEPARTMENT Utilities DIVISION Wastewater Treatment Plant SUPERVISOR Utilities Plant Manager CLASSIFICATION Full-Ti...
Please see the documents below, including a full description. Please download the job description, application, and consent forms. Return the completed forms to the address below. Thank you for your i...
QualificationsMust be physically able to operate various machinery and equipment, including fire-fighting apparatus and equipment such as pumper, ladder truck, snorkel, power tools, ladders, positive pressure blower fan, electrical power generator, pick-head axe, K-12 saw, spanner wrench, medical supplies, etc. Preferably already certified firefighter through the State of Georgia. Print, fill out, and fax or mail the application and all corresponding documents to the address below. Mail: Human Resources City of Cornelia P.O. Box 785 Cornelia, Ga. 30531 Fax: 706-778-2234 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org [fivo_docs ids="8989"]
The City of Cornelia has openings for Part Time / Volunteer Firefighters. The schedule is 24/48. This job aims to protect lives and property endangered by fire and other emergencies, promote fire prev...